Monday, September 16, 2013

The great eschew......

Well this week was a phenomenon week. It seems as though when a person is headed in one straight direction it upsets the chemistry of everyone around them. You may be thinking well of course that is true it happens all the time......and what does that have to do with running? or your training? are you going to tell me something helpful? and what does that weird word in the title mean anyway?

This entire week I have been battling and overcoming(Notice I claim it as a VICTORY!) various bouts of negative energy and discord. One thing I have learned, is several other influences can make you more susceptible to ingesting this energy into your body. Which is never a good thing. We were created to be good, wholesome, amazing creatures, our bodies feel right when positive pure energy is flowing through it.

So this week I had literally reached a breaking point! My spirit had enough and I was becoming aggressive, I would take it out on the trails multiple days a week. It just wasn't helping though...I couldn't release it. My runs were getting tighter, including many sub-8 miles inside the trails, which is monumental to me and my training plan. I wasn't growing as a result though. This was supposed to be a journey, a transition, a new breath, challenge, something to strive for...had it come up short? NO!

That tangent brings me to Saturday morning. A 5am alarm and a 20mile adventure awaited.



For the first time since my full marathon, I logged 20 miles straight. That day I was awake for 23 hours straight!?!!!? How in the world I did that I haven't the slightest clue. I had a BREAKTHROUGH. My body was cleansed and purged, completely rid of the stain that negative energy had left on me. That run renewed me, my spirit, my life.

Long story short....hahaah does that count if I already told the story? and its long? Anyway today I'm exhausted but for a good reason!

I hope that you never forget your DREAM! But this week taught me, I hope you don't think your DREAM will be easy.


Small side note:(I promise)
Yesterday Was a huge cheat day after that week of training and the long run. I completely binged out on unwholesome food and high carbohydrates and calories. Today is back to the grind on my partial vegetarian lifestyle. I will dream about yesterday though, because those wings and soda.....they were amazing! This week taught me to listen to my heart and stick to whats true! You should consider a cheat day for mental health.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment