Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stupid Smart....and other nonsense.

I love this phrase "that's stupid smart". Just last night I did something stupid in a smart way. I went out running on trails for about 7.5miles and it was pitch black and quiet. This time however I brought a friend and extra lights to see. The run turned up very beneficial and was a great stress relief for the mid-week. After the 80minutes we both returned home to some lactic acid relieving recovery drinks(all natural, all organic, #Healthybodyandmind) and a huge pot of Macaroni and cheese. MMMMMMMMM soo good. Any way sorry back on topic..... haha


I upped the antie this past weekend with a 18mile long run. That was the longest distance I have run since my marathon in May of this year. It felt great....until about mile 16...my body was done with anything I wanted to do at that point and I hit struggle bus for the remainder. I am hitting the trails all this weekand have 20 miles set-up for saturday. #40milefocus #October5th2013

Side note: I am ordering these > Asics GT 2000 Trail Black/Orange/Lime Men's Shoes
They should arrive about  2 weeks before the 40 mile race. Just enough time to break them in. The excitement is building up with just under 24 days left.


Ohh also out on my long run...twice while running with a friend a random person just came up right behind us and started running. I was mildly freaked out, because well you never know. Turns out they were running a different route.

Something funny did happen though.....this was soo good. Out on the trail run last night about 45 minutes into it. I hear 'Ahhhh, followed by a body falling'. My firnd took a spill and almost fell off the side of the trail. *Disclaimer* He was ok, but for some reason the first response is a laugh. He gets back up and we continue running. At about 60minutes two bats zoom past our vision. Then at 75 minutes eaxactly, a root catches my foot and I fly about 3 feet forward to my side.
My buddy described it like this: " I looked up and it was like you were pretending to be Flash the super hero, but in a bad way. Then I saw you laying on the ground. It was soo graceful though". HAHAHAH! Amazing.

24days.....

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment