Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Running MOJO..

So I have found that you have to have some version of MOJO coursing through your body whilst running. Think about it, what is really controlling you out there? What helps you get out and really run, gather your stroke, feel the rhythm, truly ride the trails....its your MOJO. Whelp I'm here to tell you, I lost mine. For over a week I felt like a sloth..I didn't want to run. I didn't even want to move. I was feeling overwhelmed with not being where I needed to be mentally and physically for my upcoming 40mile run...ughhh I was depressed...beat up inside..and then I had a breakthrough.

I did the Run or DYE fun run.

 I have literally never had so much fun in my life whilst running. And well being covered in random ALLEGEDLY plant friendly dye helped.

So what did I learn?What did I evaluate?

I learned for me the upset of territory and sleep messed up my running MOJO. I had been house sitting for my aunt for over a week about 45mins from home. The dogs had kept me up many nights in a row, and I was out there alone. No running buddies and no idea of territorial boundaries. I felt like I was on an island. This was...self imposed, because I had two little dogs to watch like babies, but still. Long story short I am back in the swell of running and ready to be swept away on the records and plateaus I will be breaking everyday setting new land-speed records and beyond....wait who am I kidding, It'll be some work!

One last thing and then the funny story....I am about a month behind in training so I have switched to, 2-a-days. Looking to devour double digit runs through the week and settle in at a comfortable pace for double digits over the weekends. Still maintaining two cross training/non-running days.Has anyone done double-digit-2-a-days?

Funny Funny..
During the Color walk...which it was because 7,000 people showed up. We made ridiculous puns with the word DYE. (I'm DYE'ing, Don't just stand there you'll DYE, Wait a DYE'Gone minute, ect.. you get DYE point.) However, one thing that was rather funny/strange was the usage of the Porto-johns whilst running. Here's the funny part, so let's say I'm running, covered in DYE packets head to toe, and sweating. Now I have to use the bathroom and this alleged color dye has seeped all the way through my clothing and stained my body. When I use the bathroom to be fair, it leaves residue. HAHAHA now multiply that by conservatively 1,000 people. Now can you embrace the Rainbow?

Cheers friends!

Ryan




No comments:

Post a Comment