Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fast as errrrrrrr....Lightning?

So here is the week/weekend in review. Played soccer this past Friday at an alarmingly competitive/physically high level.....first mistake. While it was great cross trainning the days past were rather excrucuating. Moving from compltely stiff legs, to calves feeling like baseballs, to overall body feeling down in the dumps....:(

I had to ditch my long run sandwich and struggled to get myself onto the road the days following. I woke my sore self up at 4am Sunday morning and set out, in my mind, for a 16miler...I wanted to catch-up. It made sense to get it all done in one day and what an achievement that would have been....would have been. I got to about 3.5miles and I physically and mentally could not go any further...burning siadic and hurting ankles. sucks! I managed to WALK the 3.5 back and logged a very slow 7 miles...but I logged them! That's whats important!

Monday I kept myself from the pavement and allowed my body to heal further!

Today I met my friend at a local park and we proceeded to log 5 miles. I added in about 2.5miles of trials and the rest on pavement. Finallllly, I felt like myself. I warmed up at a 9:03 and over 5 miles brought it down to about 8:03. HUGE! Helps the ego out a ton!

Funny story I get so excited about new territory (staying in smyrna all week) that it literally keeps me awake at night. I dream about Running to the beach, about 8 miles away, and back and what a tremendous day/achievement that would be. I won't be denied of that joy either.

I know its sick in the head, but running brings out my passion, and you know, the world needs a little more passion sometimes!

Btw today we ran through 7 lightning strikes, torrential rain, and two tornado warnings. Let's just say it was rather intense!


"Find the joy, Grab the joy, Hold the joy, and then Spread the joy!"

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment