Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's like a Bike?

I guess I should get back onto this. I recently stopped blogging well....because I hate running right now. I know that's a strong word, I guess I'm just disgusted. I didn't hit any of my goals last year and I got injured on top of that. I am new to running so I can't stop but think why did this happen!!! I trained so hard, I sacrificed so much of my free time for this....... A few finisher medals? (I do love them btw, they are shiny ahah) So that's where im at!

Here is where I'm going:
I signed up for a 5k this weekend hoping this will change my perspective. I haven't trained or even lost an ounce of sleep over this, other than dreading its arrival. I am hopeful that I will have at least a graceful exhibition of anger and stamina to help me finish in under 30mins, which I wouldn't be terribly upset with.

My hope:

I truly hope this sport is like riding a bike. Short Story: When I was younger I got upset that no one would teach me how to ride a bike. So I took it upon myself to do it.

After many days finally I could keep the thing upright. Then, I  got the genius idea that starting at the top of our neighbor Rebecca's driveway, would sure give me a valiant start to this new way of transportation.

I started and I made it to the bottom. At the bottom......I  cut the wheel to soon, and ERRRRRRRRTTTTTT, handlebar flip!!! The entire bike punched me in the stomach, so hard I vomited. I WAS PISSED. You know....I didn't give up though. I went back to the top of the driveway and did it again, and again, and again. A few weeks later I was riding my bike perfectly, and I had trained myself.

I guess I hope Running is like riding a bike, that through so many trials and obstacles you do get stronger, and you do start hitting goals. Wish me luck! Ill see you on the field Saturday you beast!



No comments:

Post a Comment