Thursday, July 18, 2013

Intro/musing

Ok so I'm new to this whole blogging game and what the actual intention is. I'm also curious do people really read these things? Hopefully I can encapsulate a few good stories maybe a review here and there, but ultimately let people live vicariously through one of the biggest most exhausting challenges I am choosing to face, an ultra marathon. 52.4 miles of blood sweat tears food fun and laughter. Do or don't journey with me through poorly structured sentences embarrassing story's, crappy punctuation and yes a few misspellings. Hey that makes it fun right?

Oh crap the introduction:
Ryan - Been running since November 2012
Stats: 500+ miles at this point.
  • Sub7mile
  • 23:13-5k race, 22:49 - 5k time trial 
  • 2:10:05 - Half Marathon
  • 5:15:13 - Full Marathon
The story this is the good part :0)

I was out on a 2.5hr long run. Yes 2.5hrs, plenty of other things anyone could be doing, but its the love of the game. I remember distinctly running out of water in my 50oz camelBak about 100meters before the predicted Gas station to purchase a fresh cold bottle of Deer Park water.  For the following 100meters(took about 2.5minutes) < That's a long time by the way. I outstretched my arms and audibly told the world to silence it self. I spoke "shhhhhh, I'm trying to get to the break point", to be completely transparent I looked like a fool. It worked though the world got eerily quiet. Most definitely because I had been running along the road and had just switched to a back street. I had convinced myself it was all white noise anyway.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment